QUiTWORKS-RI connects patients to the state’s tobacco treatment services through the Rhode Island Smokers’ QuitLine, managed by National Jewish Health.
The Rhode Island Smokers’ QuitLine provides free and confidential information and counseling to tobacco users referred by health care providers and to state residents who call directly for support. The QuitLine also responds to calls from friends and family members of tobacco users, health care providers, educators, tobacco control professionals, and the general public.
- Makes up to 3 attempts to contact a QUiTWORKS-RI referred patient, within 3 business days of receiving a provider’s referral.
- Completes a 10- to 15-minute intake assessment and brief motivational call with every referred patient contacted and mails the patient a cessation booklet.
- Faxes an initial update report to the referring provider that includes whether or not the patient was reached and services selected.
- Schedules up to 5 telephone-based counseling sessions with each patient who chooses counseling.
- Attempts to conduct a follow-up evaluation call at 7 months with all QUiTWORKS-RI patients reached for initial intake and faxes an outcome report to the referring provider.
Contacting the RI Smokers’ QuitLine
English: 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669)
Spanish: 1-800-8-DÉJALO (1-800-833-5256)
TTY/TDD: 1-800-TDD-1477 (1-800-833-1477)
Quit Tips Line (24-hour recorded messages): 1-800-943-8284
Monday – Sunday
7:00 AM – 1:00 AM
All services through the Smokers’ QuitLine are free and confidential.
If you prefer to speak a language other than English and Spanish…
English and Spanish are available during operating hours. The QuitLine uses an interpretation service to serve clients who speak other languages. Providers can note on the referral form if a patient prefers a language other than English or Spanish and the QuitLine will call with an interpreter.